Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Baby W

Ever since I found out we were adding a baby to the mix I thought it would be a girl. Secretly I wanted a boy and always have. You know... one that plays hard, has a lot of energy and is always into mischief! But since I was convinced it was a girl, I put those thoughts aside. You can see why I was shocked to find out we are having a boy in February!

Not only are we having a boy, but the doctor and ultra-sound technician (who also is my friend and neighbor) both commented on how active this little guy is going to be. He was moving all over the place, but they were still able to find out he is growing healthy.

Merrilynne and Jaidyn joined us for the appointment and brought a little bubbly to celebrate! Bright Blue Jones Soda and sugar cookies... my favorite! We are thrilled to welcome our little guy into our family!

And yes... the overwhelming tasks of; the perfect name search, nursery planning, clothing shopping and thoughts of adjustment has begun.

ps. Apparently our little guy already has a problem... he wouldn't leave his private parts alone during the ultra sound. REALLY? I know they say we need to talk to our kids about that at a young age, but he isn't even born yet. I think I am going to be in trouble!

13 comments:

The Hull Family said...

Congrats on the baby boy!! Boys are a ton of fun!!

So funny about the baby playing with his "parts" he's curious already!!!

The Richards Family said...

Congrats! Camden does not leave his noodle alone. Boys will be boys. So exciting!!

Merrilynne Harrington said...

We thought it was a GIRL for sure! We were so confident, that we almost brought ONLY PINK bubbly to the ultrasound. Good thin we added the blue just to be safe!!

[Morgan] said...

so excited!!!!
boys.
love em.
the adoration a boy has for his mama, is like nothing else in the world.
some one tell me different, i dare you!

congrats melinda!

oh and boy parts? don't get me started. that made me laugh out loud.

Dustin and Kellie said...

Oh that is SOOOO funny! Congratulations on your little guy! Boys really are fun. In my case, boys are more active, but girls are more dramatic. I always wanted a boy first, too. We are so excited for you guys! YAY!

Molly Jolley said...

woot woot!! I am so excited for you guys. Hope you are doing well.

Christiansen's said...

Congrats! Boys are SO much fun, Jaden is my little boy friend. You are going to be such a good Mom. Good luck with all the shopping and nursery decor, I bet it will be darling

Liz said...

Melinda!!! I'm so incredibly excited for you I can't even stand it! Congrats, congrats, congrats!Little Boy Woods will be SO loved. February will be here in no time. Let me know if you need help with anything!

Ulrich Family said...

Congratulations Melinda! That is so exciting! You are going to be such an amazing mom. I am so excited for you guys!

Martha said...

A baby boy! Awesome!

It was so fun to see you tonight. You look so cute!

Michelle said...

Congrats Mel!! I'm so thrilled for you, you're going to be a wonderful mother! Miss you.

maryAnne said...

You look so cute! We are so happy for you two. You Are going to be such good parents!! I can't wait to meet that little guy!

The Mortons said...

Oh, I am so excited for you two! Boys are definitely an adventure. We love our little Dax.