Sunday, June 15, 2008

Take me back to San Francisco


When we got married Robbie planned our Honeymoon. We started by spending three days in San Francisco, drove down to Carmel and then finished in Southern California for our open house at my parent's house. We always looked forward to the day we would return to San Francisco. The time came sooner than we anticipated when Kevin, Robbie's brother married Jocelyn in the Oakland temple. Since their wedding was a week before our anniversary we decided to make it an extended trip and revisit some of our favorite spots.


The highlight of our first trip was riding bikes across the Golden Gate bridge. This time we loved spending time in Golden Gate park. Since Robbie's parents were willing to make the drive we sent them with our luggage so we could play all day on Thursday. We arrived in Cali around 8am. We took our MUNI passes a few blocks to Golden Gate Park. It was beautiful! We went to the atrium, botanical gardens and a fun little restaurant. The best part of this day was we did a ton of walking and even found a nice bench to read, nap and visit. There were all kinds of private walk ways. Even though there were hundreds of people there you never would have known. We kept being followed by a little squirrel... I had to take a picture of our friend. It reminded me of the squirrels my siblings and I would play with while staying at general grant.

After the exhaustion of the wedding was over we were able to head into town again for trolley rides, a small hike at the Muir Woods, a trip to Sausalito, a walk to Coit Tower and of course Ice Cream at Ghiradelli's Square. What a fun way to get away for a little while and celebrate our third anniversary.

8 comments:

[Morgan] said...

Fun! You look great by the way!

E Winzeler said...

How fun hun! You two make such the perfect companionship...seriously, I'm amazed at how well you compliment each other. I love you guys and I'm glad you had such a fun, eventful week in San Fran!

The Benches said...

You and Robbie are so dang cute together and look so happy! I am so happy for you!

Amanda said...

My family used to go up there every summer! We loved it! I am so happy to see pictures of you guys! What a great looking couple you are!

Shari said...

It looks like you guys had tons of fun!! I would love to visit some of those places!! Hey I noticed that you and Robbie have bikes, Corey and I just purchased some, we should go riding sometime. Hopefully I won't ALMOST pass out like in cycling. =)

Michelle Christensen said...

awww...the big tree pictures reminded me of General Grant. I thought you went there for a second. I wish we could all go there....take a quick trip back in time 20 years.... put you in a play pen with a cabbage patch kid named rufus....

Kristi said...

That sounds so fun! Reading your post made me really want to go there with Branden. Also, I didn't know you were from Southern Cali too! We have so much in common! (Friday 13th weddings)

The Dalton Family said...

Looks like a fun vacation with tons to see! I've never really gone there. You two look so cute together! Happy three years!!