Sunday, June 15, 2008

Meet Kevin and Jocelyne Woods

Kevin and Jocelyne met April of 2007 and were married May of 2008. Since Jocelyne's family is from Peru they really knew how to have a party. The reception was a blast, with dinner dancing and a lot of fun! What a fun culture to be apart of!
Kevin was in charge of the Open House in Utah. I knew if he was like Robbie, he wouldn't think of all the details so I volunteered to help. Quickly the "Woods' girls" started planning the event in detail... But it was fun because they were so easy to please.

The details? We ordered sugar cookies, brownies and cream puffs that were amazing! The bride and groom did not want to have a greeting line so we made the focal point the food table. It was a lot of fun to see the small idea turn out so well. Mark (Robbie's dad) made these wooden stands for the walk way and then I ordered Gerber daisies to place throughout. Jennie was in charge of the linens and getting everything organized. We used plants for the center pieces complimented by pictures from the wedding day and engagements. It actually turned out really nice and Robbie's parents seemed to like it. I was happy to be able to help ease the stress of Mark and Janet and help them wish off their last son!

Abbie (our four year old niece) talks about the day she will get married. Her dress will be pink, we will eat ice cream and she is going to marry a prince named Ian (aka her brother!). She wasn't able to attend the wedding in San Francisco because it was such a quick trip. So she was really into everything at the Open House. Here she is, living up the title of "flower girl" and loving being able to twirl in a fancy dress. Meanwhile, Prince Charming is having fun eating cookies and playing peek-a-boo under the tables with Grandpa Ed and Grandma Olive. I just love these kids!

12 comments:

Brad said...

We appreciate all that you two do for our family Robbie & Melinda. We want copies of the pictures of Abbi and Ian! The ones you posted look great!
Brad & Jenni

The Milligan Blog said...

Melinda!!!!!!! Oh my gosh!!! Oh how I have missed you! :)you are soo cute! I am so glad you emailed me. You have such a cute family. You seem to be doing great.. I would love to keep in touch and hopefully get a chance to come see you someday!!! Thanks for your cute email you sent me :)

E Winzeler said...

You did put a lot of time and effort into their wedding, I'm glad it turned out so well! Good job woman!

Villarreal's said...

Hey... I know those kids! :) They are so cute. The wedding looks so good. You are one talented lady! My brother is having his wedding this Sat. YEAH! He is getting hitched! Weddings... they are so much fun.

DIY REDS! said...

Melinda,
how fun. i love that i found you. this blogging thing is awesome. i hope that you remember me. this is amy jo, johnson, now redmond. come check out my blog. glad to see that you are doing so well.
amy

Amanda said...

Weddings are so fun! What a fun couple! The decorations are great too!!!!!

Jessica said...

Hey this is Jessica! How are you? What are you doing? I am so glad you found my blog. I was doing hair up until I had Dyson and now I havn't gone back. I am finishing up school with my student teaching so after that we'll see. My plan is not to work but who knows. I love doing hair though so when we move I will forsure have a salon in my house. I hope everything is going well with you. You and your hubby are so cute.

[Morgan] said...

I changed my site address. I hope you don't mind updating it!
shmorganza.blogspot.com

NT Weekes Family said...

I found YOU! :o) Through Tiffany!
The wedding reception/open house looked great! How FuN! :o)
Bride & Groom looked for "Happy!"

Happy Be-lated 3 yr. Anniversary!
That's exciting! Tom & I are coming up on our 10th! I Feel OLD!
The Blinds-- Classic story!-- LoVe it! lol :o)
Can't wait to see you at the next Modbe Convention thing...

Michelle Christensen said...

Melinda - you are too cute! What a fun reception! Not a detail left undone! And I totally LOVE your blog! Your journalling is awesome - you tell the stories so well! We miss you guys!

Jennie and Spencer said...

I want to see pictures of you in your green dress at the next wedding.

The Dalton Family said...

What a beautiful wedding! The flowers and everything look so pretty! Those are darling pics too! Way to go!